If anyone wants to get started in an MLM, there are several things you need to know.
- It is not get-rich-quick. It’s get rich over a long period of time. If you want a million dollars right NOW, network marketing is NOT for you.
- It is not easy. The process is extremely simple, but you will need to put a good amount of work in order for the business to be profitable.
- Be wary of wellness MLMs. Science is a very touchy subject that many people do not know enough about. If you are interested in a wellness MLM, do your research and do not look at ANY resources the company provides; they will be biased and may even be outright false. Find third party resources. If they are not easily available, do not take the risk. Knowwhat you are putting in your body.
- Make sure the product is in demand and that you can actually sell it. Keep in mind it’s network marketing, meaning that someone will need to buy your product in order for you to make money.
- If the product is not something you would buy if there were no business attached to it, do not get started. The psychology won’t work out and you will not be able to be passionate about the product.
- Make sure the person you’re joining with is not a self-proclaimed guru or a “fake-it-til-you-make-it” person. If they disclose any incomes, RUN. It isn’t illegal to to disclose incomes, but many times it is not easily verifiable and it is just to make you go, “wow! You’re making $5000 a day! I should join!” Don’t be so gullible. In fact…
- Look for an earnings disclaimer if possible. The lack of one does not mean anything bad, but it’s always nice to have an earnings disclaimer so you can see what average incomes are.
I’ll be adding more things as I think of them. For now though, keep those in mind if you ever want to join an MLM opportunity.
I won’t be writing about MLM for a while after this, because there were a few topics I wanted to cover. I just started covering network marketing because of my meeting with Ray. After five posts, I think you guys are tiring of this topic! So I’ll keep things fresh and come back tomorrow!